Small Business Resources
Purpose: This is a quick reference directory for small business owners. It is annotated to help small businesses know what resources exist and what those resources are. There is either a link to a Best Practices Wiki page with more detailed information or a direct link to the resource website. This is not a comprehensive list of all resources and services for small business. There are many local, state and private resources and services.
- Economic Data -YourEconomy.org (YE) is an online research tool that allows visitors to analyze economic activity at the community level - and across the country. YE tracks the performance of more than 54 million U.S. businesses from the most recently lapsed calendar year back through 1995, providing detailed information about jobs, sales and establishment growth.
- Federal Government Services - Federal government website BusinessUSA implements a "no wrong door" approach for small businesses and exporters by using technology to quickly connect businesses to the services and information relevant to them, regardless of where the information is located or which agency's website, call center, or office they go to for help.
- SBA - Small Business Administration - SBA is a federal government agency that helps Americans start, build and grow businesses with extensive programs and information on its website and resource guide.
- Small Business Mentors - MicroMentor is a free business mentor service for entrepreneurs that matches small business to experienced business professionals that volunteer as mentors.
- Canada -The Business Development Bank of Canada is a governments sponsored bank that provides a broad array of lending and other services to small and mediums size businesses through its 100 offices across Canada since its founding in 1944.
- Entrepreneurship Program delivers resources and information to entrepreneurs in key areas of running a small business. The Small Business Majority website identifies and provides education about products, services and business and policy solutions that help strengthen existing small businesses and allow would-be entrepreneurs to take the next step in launching their business.
 Other Resources
- Startup and Entrepreneur Resources
- Startup Funding Sources - extensive and currently maintained list of financing sources and programs for startups