Starting and Growing a Small Business
Here are some general methods on starting and growing a small business
- Deeply understand your business, it's strength, it's weaknesses, it's potential for sustainable growth.
- Analyse and understand you market, your competition - what is missing, what makes other people successful.
- Establish a long term vision for your organisation - what you want to achieve.
- Identify different aspects of your business which you can improve.
- Group them together and prioritise which groups you have the resources to change.
- Review how you market yourself, it's strengths and weakness. Identify marketing opportunities you have the resources to achieve
- Based off the above, establish SMART goals (for the next 6 - 18 months), which are challenging but achievable.
- Review your progress regularly.
- Reward yourself when you achieve a goal.
- Review your goals and redo the above every 6 months.
If you are failing to stick to your goals, consider seeking professional assistance.
 Related Best Practices
- Startup CEO Best Practices
- Startup and Entrepreneur Resources
- Startup Funding Sources
- Successful Entrepreneur Best Practices
- Why Companies Fail
The author of this page is Rohan Davies
Rohan Davies is the Co-Founder of Teres Development and a leadership development expert. He is a consultant working with both business and private clients to prepare, develop and support leaders in the contemporary business environment.