Startup Funding Sources
The team at Fledge, the “conscious company” accelerator, has published a list of incubators, accelerators, competitions, funds, and crowdfunding sites.
 How to Fund a Startup - a guide
How to Fund a Startup is a guide authored by Y Combinator co-founder and early-stage investor Paul Graham details the different ways to raise money, the disadvantages of each approach, how venture capital firms operate, and the reality of bringing investors into your company.
 Slide Deck on Venture Capital
This presentation of an Slide Deckdescribes how venture capital works. The presentation is by Will Price, former venture capitalist and the current CEO of Widgetbox. It was given at Stanford University in 2007.
 Startup Funding Sources Directory
You have an impactful startup. You are looking for help, and looking for investors. Where do you find the people, programs, and funds to help?
The team at Fledge, the “conscious company” accelerator, has published (and updates) a list of incubators, accelerators, competitions, funds, and crowdfunding sites.
This Google Doc is viewable by anyone, and is periodically updated. If you have a impact funding source missing from this list, or if the information on your organization is incorrect, please Luni Libes (contact me)and I’ll see to those changes.
 TheFunded - entrepreneurship community
TheFunded is an entrepreneurship community focused on helping you raise money. It provides the ratings and inside details of the practices of countless venture capital and angel investor funds. It helps you select the firm that will help propel your business to the next level.
 Related Best Practices
- Startup and Entrepreneur Resources - annotated list of resources for a startup business.
- Small Business Resources - annotated list of resources for small businesses.
- Startup CEO Best Practices - best practices for the founder and leader of a startup.
- Luni Libes Blog with postings on advice for startups
- US Small Business Administration Loan Programs - small business loans, micro loans, equipment and real estate loans and disaster loans
- Community Development Finance Institutions (CDFIs) finance community businesses, including small businesses, microenterprises, nonprofit organizations, commercial real estate, and affordable housing. A locator for the 200+ CDFIs is online here.
- Access Finance Wizard a finance search tool of the US Government for small businesses.
- Canada -The Business Development Bank of Canada is a governments sponsored bank that provides a broad array of lending and other services to small and mediums size businesses through its 100 offices across Canada since its founding in 1944. Startups is a special focus of BDC including equity capital.
- Access to Capital at the Small Business Majority Entrepreneurship Portal helps small businesses navigate the funding landscape and connect small businesses with resources to help obtain the capital needed to start and grow their business.
The author of this article is Luni Libes.
Michael “Luni” Libes is a 20+ year serial entrepreneur, founder/co-founder of six startups, now focused on helping the next wave of entrepreneurs via a variety of efforts including: Fledge, the “conscious company” accelerator; Kick, the “inclusive” incubator; teaching and mentorship at the Bainbridge Graduate Institute and author of The Next Step series of books and online classes for entrepreneurs and startups.
Luni maintains a blog Thoughts on and News of “Conscious” Entrepreneurship.
Luni has published a set of books and online classes guiding entrepreneurs from an initial idea through business planning and into operations of a startup company - The Next Step; A Guide for Entrepreneurs